Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We're Alive Part 1

Yes, we’re all still alive and well.

I guess I'll get my excuse for not updating the blog out of the way, so I can focus on more important things. So, yeah, I, uh, temporarily misplaced our digital camera and all the pics I wanted to upload were still on it. There wasn’t much I could do until I found it (which I finally did yesterday…it was in the camera case).

Since I last posted, Milo’s had so many new experiences that I’ve decided to break this post into two parts. Today, I’ll do part one, and I’ll get to part two before leaving for the cottage again, later this week. Anyway…on to the pics…

Here’s The Los all hoodied up for his journey north:



Nota bene – If you haven’t already figured it out, The Los is just Milo’s current nickname. We do, however, think it has loads of staying power. For all those interested, I’ve chalked up a bit on the evolution of this nickname…

Late March, 2006
Patrick: I wonder what Milos is going to look like.
Jill: Milos, eh? Like Isle of?
Patrick: Sure…why not?

Early May, 2006
Patrick: Los Milos, what are you doing?
Jill: Oh, so he’s no longer Greek, eh? What, is he Spanish? Mexican?
Patrick: Hmm…not sure.

Early June, 2006
Jill: Look, Patrick, The Los is smiling at me. He likes me! He likes me! He likes me!
Patrick: The Los?
Jill: Duh. Get with it. Sheesh, you’re so slow.

Okay, so now that we’re all up to speed…here’s Jill and The Los before our late-night run for the border (Canada, not Taco Bell):



So, we had three things to do at the border: 1) Get gin 2) Get Tim Hortons and 3) Take pictures of Milo entering his mother(’s)land:





You'll just have to trust me on the gin...either that or come visit at the cottage and I'll make you a gin and tonic.

After a few days in Guelph (pictures of Milo with Grandpa Bogart to come), we quickly headed up to the cottage. On the way, we made the obligatory stop at Webers, where Milo was serenaded by the Key Man and got to taste his first Webers burger/shake/and fry (yes Jill fed him there while eating. She said something about it being important for his development, and that the earlier he got it, the better…I don’t know, apparently something in Webers seasoning guards against sickness from all of the mosquito and black/deer/horsefly bites one accumulates in Muskoka).






Finally we arrived at the cottage, where I was caught in the act of my first episode of neglectful parenting. Here I am blowing a mosquito off of me, while paying no attention to whether or not Milo is being eaten alive:



You think I’m bad, though, well check Jill out…as soon as we settled down in the kitchen, Jill tried to fill The Los up with Ex.



When I asked her why she’s trying to get our son liquored up, she replied, “What? It’s the cottage. Duh.”


Let’s see…what else happened? Well, I offered Milo his first view of Lake Rosseau:



Uncle Adam came up for a visit:



Milo and I spent quality time together down on the dock:



And Milo received his first injury (deer fly bite):



That’s it for now. More to come soon…I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment