Thursday, January 15, 2009

One Week Old

I was looking back at the post detailing Milo's first week and I must say that it was much more stressful, exciting, tiring, etc. than the past week has been. It's made me wonder precisely what the difference has been, aside from already having gotten used to being slaves to a little dictator. Or, if that (becoming used to being parents), in and of iteself, has made all the difference. I've decided that while that has helped greatly, there was one other major difference: Esme took to nursing much faster than Milo did. Without all of the pumping, finger feeding, and hospital visiting that we had to do because Milo was starving himself, we've had a relatively easy time of it. Things will change drastically for Jill, though, come Tuesday, as I unfortunately have to go back to work (the original plan, when we thought that I'd be able to take medical/sick leave for the time Jill was in labor/the hospital, was that I'd be off through next week and wouldn't return to work until the end of January. But now that we've found out that those 4 days are coming out of my vacation...This has made both of us incredibly frustrated that we aren't up in Canada yet. It's hard not to think about the fact that if we were in the same position there - Jill staying at home while I work - I could take a year of paternity leave...but I digress). Let's not get ahead of ourselves...Instead, let's look at a few photos from the past week:


Waking up in the Hospital



Preparing to Leave the Hospital



Close-up


My colleagues from work, the staff at the Ryan Matura Library at Sacred Heart University, sent us a food basket. Thanks! Milo was definitely into it and it's been providing some useful snacking options:




Milo and Esme. Lounging. Couch.




Milo at his Gentlest




Sleeping Baby

So, yeah...that was week one. Esme's gaining weight well. Jill seems to be doing quite well, all things considered. Milo's having fun with Esme, Mom, and, especially, hanging out with me, which means:

I leave you with the song that Milo requests at least 30 times a day (oh, and don't sing Doodle, Doodle to personalize it; he will correct you, as I've found out):


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jill, Patrick and Milo...Esme is beautiful!! I am glad the first week passed relatively uneventfully!! love Miriam (and Ryan and Emma!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Miriam! Say hi to Ryan and Emma for us.

    -patrick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Love ya, kids!
    Dr. T

    ReplyDelete